Friday, May 1, 2009

Bringing back the blog

I think it's time to revive this blog. It's been almost a year since my last post and a lot has happened. Shortly after my last post, we were thrilled to learn we were expecting another baby. It was a fun summer and in August I started back to school. In September, we were heartbroken to learn that our little boy had passed on due to Trisomy 13. I was almost 16 weeks pregnant. While trying to cope with our loss, I finished law school, celebrated the holidays and passed the Missouri Bar exam. Will and his dad worked hard to expand their plumbing business. Audrey was growing and learning so much. She really enjoyed her daycare and all of her friends. Life was moving on.

In February, I had only just returned from Jefferson City from taking the Bar exam when I found out I was expecting again. Sadly we lost this little one as well after only a few days. We were devastated again.

Since that time we have made a lot of progress coping with the loss of our two babies. Audrey turned two and had a really fun birthday! Now we're heading into summer and enjoying the warm weather of spring. I'm home with Audrey until I find a job, and I'm loving every minute of it. While we hope that we will soon be blessed with another child, in the mean time we are returning to normal, or at least our "new normal."

No comments: