Thursday, May 26, 2011

St. Louis "Staycation"

I can't help but feel that my city is seriously underrated.  Recently my mom and step-dad moved back here and they have been repeatedly asked by people both here and in Maryland why they would move here from the east coast.  For them the answer is easy, they have grandkids here.  But is St. Louis really such a bad place?

I'll admit, it's not for everyone.  The weather's a bit wacky (we had to hit the basement three times yesterday for tornado warnings) and it's not a very big city.  We also have a pretty high crime rate (although many will swear that's because the strange separation of our city and county governments skews the stats).  I can say that Will and I have been urban city dwellers for almost 6 years now, and have not had a bit of trouble with crime.  In fact, we absolutely love our neighborhood.

So St. Louis may not be for everyone, but for me, a stay at home mom on a budget, I find it to be fantastic.  Which brings me to our "staycation."  Audrey has next week off between preschool and summer camp.  Will has Monday off work for Memorial Day.  I had the brilliant idea to use this week as a St. Louis vacation week.  I thought it would be fun to blog about it to showcase all of the fun, free, and unique things to do in our city. 

The fun will kick off tomorrow night!

No comments: