Monday, January 31, 2011

It's time to . . .

hunker down for the "Storm of the Century" (insert dramatic local news music here).  Yeah, so I made the same joke on facebook. So what?

Anywho, I just picked Audrey up from school.  It's starting to sleet and I doubt we'll go out again for a few days.  The way the news is making it sound, we're in for a big one.  I just hope we don't loose power.

Last night I went and did our weekly grocery shopping.  I came home ranting about how everyone and their idiot brother was there clearing the shelves and trying to run me over with their carts.  Will gave me much crap for going back this morning to get a few more essentials *red face*  Normally I don't get too worked up about storms.  I mean really, this is St. Louis.  I don't believe I've ever been snowed in for even a whole day before in my life.  People always rush the grocery stores when a storm is coming like we'll be trapped in our homes for weeks.  Really, it's ridiculous. 

But even I have to admit that this time may be different.  Last estimate I heard was a 1/2 inch of ice, followed by 18 inches of snow.  It's supposed to get bad a little later today and continue all the way to Wednesday.  If they're right, that's not your typical St. Louis snow.  The last time we had 18 inches, was in 1982, long before I was even born (okay fine, I was 3).  Will's even planning a day off tomorrow and that NEVER happens.  This could be an interesting few days. 

No comments: